Whether you are offered a legal job or an informal job, please note that there are always persons that might try to exploit you. If you are in an irregular job risks to exploitative practices increase, but know that also informal workers and undocumented workers have rights.
- Inform yourself about the conditions of the work offered, including the working hours, payment and other conditions
- Leave at home or with a friend or family member a copy of your employment contract and the address or contact details of the location of your accommodation.
- Inform about your whereabouts to a friend or family member.
- Always ask for a contract in a language you understand well.
- If possible, have your salary paid to your account, not in cash
- Do not accept any gifts or loans from the intermediary (employer).
- Do not give your passport or documents away.
- Leave a photocopy of your passport and a current photo at home.